Cheney Elementary School-Based Health Center
- Hours of Operation: School Days, 7:30am-4:00pm
- To schedule an appointment at the school-based health center, call 407-672-3120.
- Please note that, at present, only Cheney Elementary students, their minor siblings, and Cheney staff members can be seen at this center. In Spring 2014, we are projecting to open a dedicated health center building on campus that will also be able to serve members of the community.
- Students under 18 must have a consent form signed by a parent or legal guardian to be seen by the medical provider or to receive nursing services at the School-Based Health Center. Other nursing services, such as first aid or taking a temperature, may be provided without parent consent by the school nurse.
- Registration and consent forms are sent home at the beginning of the school year and are also available upon request.
- Brochures about the program are available on site.
- For any questions or additional information, contact Tasha Casaccio, SBHC Project Manager, at 321-377-1793.
In September 2012, we opened our first school-based health center at Cheney Elementary School in Orlando. As pioneers in the area, the Cheney School-Based Health Center is the first sustainable school-based health center in the Central Florida region. Joslyn Bear, ARNP, has developed a reputation at our Hoffner Center for professional and personalized care, which she now carries over to our Cheney center.
At present, our Cheney center is only serving students and their minor siblings, as well as faculty and staff of the school. Starting in Spring 2014, however, we plan to open a new building on Cheney campus that will not only expand the services available to Cheney students and staff (including dental health services), but will also allow us to serve members of the community at large. Stay tuned for more information as the pieces begin to fall into place to make that dream a reality next year.
As with all of our exciting projects and events, stay tuned to our Facebook and Twitter sites for the latest news and fun pictures of CFFHC making a difference in your community.